Security is the number one feature our security screens offer, but there’s more. Appearance is just one of the added benefits and value a Crimsafe security screen can add to your home. Although you won’t have to worry about your home being protected once we install your screen, in order to maintain the appearance of your security screen, you’ll want to keep it maintained over its 65-year lifespan. We’ve got everything you need to know to make caring for your Crimsafe security screen a breeze.
Like cleaning your car or your home, caring for your Crimsafe doesn’t have to be done every day. With a Crimsafe security screen, the interval that you should clean at is determined by the environment you live in. We have put these environments into four categories based on distance from beachfront or sheltered bays:
- Mild – Your home or business is more than 5 miles from a beachfront or sheltered bay. If you live in a mild environment, cleaning isn’t required as often because of the lack of airborne moisture. In a mild environment, we recommend cleaning your security screen every 6 months.
- Moderate – Your home or business is within a ½ mile and 5 miles from a beachfront or sheltered bay. The closer you get to airborne moisture, the more often cleaning will be recommended. In moderate environments, you’ll want to clean every 2 to 3 months.
- Marine – Your home or business is within a ¼ mile and a ½ mile of the beachfront. It also applies if you’re home is 100 yards to a ½ mile from a sheltered bay. In a marine environment, we start to move into a more regular cleaning schedule. We recommend cleaning every 2 to 4 weeks in these areas.
- Severe Marine – Your home or business is within ¼ mile of the beachfront or 100 yards of a sheltered bay. Due to the prevalence of airborne moisture and salt, we recommend cleaning our security screen often. This can be every week or every other week, depending on your weather conditions.
Cleaning Your Crimsafe Security Screen
Thanks to the Tensile-Tuff 304 stainless steel mesh and our powder coating process, caring for your Crimsafe is simple and easy. When the time comes to clean up your screen, all you’ll need is water, and a non-abrasive brush and cleaner. We recommend Crimsafe Wash and Wax, or a regular car wash and wax. Just be sure to avoid strong solvent-based cleaners to protect the mesh coating. The cleaning process is as simple as two steps:
- A scrub down of the mesh and frame with warm water, your non-abrasive cleaner, and your non-abrasive brush.
- Follow up with a clean water wipe down.
That’s all it takes to keep your Crimsafe security screen in tip-top shape! All you’ll have to after is enjoy all the benefits that come with your security screen.
Whether you live in a mild or severe marine environment, caring for your Crimsafe security screen is essential to keep it looking it’s best. At Crimsafe, we’re here to help you keep your home safe but also looking its best. If you have any questions about maintaining your security screen, contact us, and we’ll be happy to help!