Security screen doors
Crimsafe screen doors are custom-made-to-measure, ensuring a perfect fit even if your door opening is not completely square.
For extra wide openings, Crimsafe can provide double or triple sliding screen doors, or bi-fold or stacking doors for a different, stylish look.
Regardless of the style or size of door, Crimsafe’s industry-leading technology is engineered for super strong security.
Whether you live in a house, townhouse or apartment, Crimsafe security screen doors look great, keep your home secure and provide a whole range of other lifestyle benefits.
Types of doors
- Hinged doors
- Single, double and sliding doors
- French doors
- Bi-fold doors
- Stacking doors
- Super strong security keeps out intruders, and makes sure you only let invited guests into your home
- Keeps out insects
- Allows airflow and through-breezes, keeping your home cooler in summer and cutting down on air conditioning bills
- Provides a barrier against hailstones and wind-blown debris during storms
- Crimsafe security screens are so strong they don’t need unsightly bars or grilles – so you maintain a feeling of open space and unhindered views
Different types of doors explained
Crimsafe Regular is our original range and has set the standard in security screen strength and design. It continues to be the baseline for Crimsafe’s commitment to exceptional quality and durability.
The major differences between the two ranges is that Crimsafe Ultimate:
- is much stronger than our Regular range of products
- features a clip-on cover that hides the screws from view and creates a smooth, streamlined aesthetic.
Product features and benefits
Super strong security
Crimsafe has been independently tested and is the strongest security screen door available in the market.
The University of Queensland conducted extensive research, testing a wide range of security screens for their ability to withstand impact, simulating the force someone could apply in an attempted break-in.
Crimsafe security screen doors exceeded industry standards and far outperformed the competition.
We love our outdoor lifestyle, but bugs and insects can really spoil the party. Crimsafe security screens keep out all the unwanted intruders, even the smallest ones!
Airflow and ventilation
One of the greatest benefits of Crimsafe is the ability to enjoy a breeze and fresh air, without compromising your security.
Crimsafe allows you to leave your main doors and windows open while you are at home, making the most of natural light and fresh air, with the comfort of knowing you and your family are safe from unwanted intruders.
Save on power bills
The greatest heat gain, or loss, in a home occurs through glass doors and windows. Crimsafe’s Tensile-Tuff stainless steel mesh blocks up to 53% of solar heat gain and 62% of UV rays, keeping your home significantly cooler in summer.
In winter, Crimsafe screens also help stop heat escaping, keeping your home warmer.
This means less reliance on air conditioning and heating, saving you money on power bills.
Protection from the elements
Harsh weather conditions that can batter our homes and cause damage can be found throughout North America. Crimsafe screens protect your home from more than just intruders:
- Heat protection – blocks up to 53% of solar heat gain through glass windows and doors
- UV protection – blocks up to 62% of UV rays, helping to reduce heat and prevent fading of soft furnishings
- Hail stones and flying debris – acts as a barrier for hail and other wind-borne debris, to protect glass windows and doors from breaking
- Fire protection – blocks 59% of radiant flames and heat, slowing down the spread of fire from one floor to another, or to neighbouring buildings
- Hurricane protection – for buildings in high-risk hurricane areas, Crimsafe has a specially designed Hurricane Protection Screen.
Unhindered views and a feeling of open space
It’s important to feel safe, but no-one wants to feel closed in behind heavy bars and grilles.
Crimsafe security screens are so strong they don’t need unsightly bars or grilles – so you maintain a feeling of open space and unhindered views.
We’ve put our products to the test, again and again, to prove that our security screens are the best you can buy.
So when you see the Crimsafe badge, you know that you’re getting the highest quality in security screens.
Thicker, stronger mesh
Our specially developed Crimsafe Tensile-Tuff® mesh uses 0.9mm 304 structural-grade stainless steel.
This means that our woven mesh is up to 26.5% thicker than most other mesh products on the market that use 0.8mm wire.
Crimsafe screens are harder to cut and penetrate, keeping out all unwelcome guests, from burglars to bugs.
Unique fastening system
We use Crimsafe’s exclusive Screw-ClampTM system to secure Tensile-Tuff ® mesh to the frames, giving our security screens their exceptional strength.
These tamper-resistant screws and metal clamps hold the mesh in a ‘vice-like’ grip in the frame, giving our screens their incredible strength. It is this patented system that allows them to withstand tremendous force by absorbing and dispersing impact, strongly resisting being pulled out of the frame.
Crimsafe Ultimate’s protective cover
If you decide to install products from our Crimsafe Ultimate range – the new generation of Crimsafe – the snap-on cover and heavy-duty clamping system make these screens 40% stronger than our regular product. Crimsafe Ultimate is the next level in security screen strength and durability.
Frame color options
Custom colors may be available on request. The standard range of colors is shown below.